Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday 26th April

Kralendijk
Bonaire


12 09.387 N
68 16.822 W

Gerry took our propane tank across to the marina office to get it filled this morning, it wasn’t empty but it was getting down and we don’t want the hassle of trying to find propane in a tin pot place further down the track. It will be ready to collect tomorrow, along with our laundry which was supposed to be back today but wasn’t. When he returned from the office Dale, Lorie and I joined him in the car for the shopping trip. We knew we were going to have to cart the shopping back in 2 lots as there is no room in the car for it plus the four of us. We all browsed the shelves, adding all sorts of things to the carts, finally we decided that we had probably broken the back of the shopping list and made our way to the check out, we were surprised that it didn’t come to as much as I had expected but I have to add that there would have been a lot more in the cart if Gerry hadn’t been doing his shopping Nazi bit. Gerry took Dale and Lorie back first with their shopping and then came back to the store to collect me. On our way back to the dock we stopped at a dentist and asked about getting an emergency appointment, I was told to return in half an hour. We had just enough time to get to the dock and unload our shopping and put the frozen and cold stuff into the fridge and freezer then it was back to the dentist. Gerry returned the hire car whilst I had my tooth fixed. Luckily for me the filling that fell out was small, I needed no anaesthetic and the new filling cost $88 a lot cheaper than the original one which was done in Jacksonville, I just hope this one lasts longer! Having returned to pay the dentist bill for me Gerry then walked back to the boat with me, passing a few green parrots on the way. We had lunch and then spent the best part of the next 2 hours re arranging the food in the various lockers to fit the new stuff in. I began to vacuum bag some of the stuff and Gerry took off outside to finish sealing the edges of the toe rail. Once we had finished with those jobs it was time for Gerry to apply the sealer to the toe rails and change out a couple of LED bulbs on the switch panel in the Navigation station whilst I sat and typed up blog notes. Once these jobs were completed Gerry had to have an afternoon nap, I decided to go and see if I could get a couple of photos of the green parrots called Loras, they are indigenous to Bonaire and seem very noisy like our rainbow lorikeets in Australia – probably the same family. Anyway I found a few in the sea grape bushes close to the dock but they flew off as soon as they spotted me, I spent the next half hour wandering around the bushes and managed to get a couple of pictures, they are quite hard to spot in the trees as they are the same colour as the leaves, I hope you can pick them out OK, if not click on the picture to enlarge it. Back to the boat and it was close to dinner time, it was Dale’s last day of being 53 years old so we went to an Argentinean steak house for dinner and had enormous steaks – so big that we all had a doggie bag to bring home. I finally gave Gerry his birthday present, which I had bought in Puerto Rico and had had to keep hidden until Dale’s birthday as Lorie had bought Dale the same thing in a different colour. Both men appreciated the effort we had gone to for them. After dinner we strolled back to the marina for our last night there, tomorrow we would be going back out to anchor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home