Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday 13th October

Noumea
New Caledonia


22 17.173 S
166 26.266 E

This was our last full day here, we decided that we would split the morning shopping, I went to the market for the fruit and vegetables whilst Gerry took off on the bike to buy more soft drink and bread. We made it back to the boat at about the same time, I had had more success than Gerry had – there is apparently a lack of soft drink in the supermarkets today! Our next chore was to collect the laundry – had to make it there before 11.30hrs as they close like all the shops here and wouldn’t be open again until Monday. Luckily the place is quite close by and we got there in plenty of time. Back at the boat I spent the next hour putting away clothes and shopping whilst Gerry hosed the boat down – again! We had little else to do for the day so we relaxed and gradually began the stowing away of gear that we have had spread around the boat during our stop over here. The afternoon saw Gerry having a nap whilst I prepared a roast leg of lamb for dinner (Tom Cruise didn’t call again!). I had found some fresh mint at the market so we indulged in Mojitas at sun down and then stuffed ourselves with roast lamb and mint sauce for dinner. Gerry then watched a war video whilst I caught up with the blog. We are heading off tomorrow morning so there may be a couple of days delay in up dating the blog again but as this is the last leg I will do my best to get it done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home